Sunday, October 11, 2009

My granny

Today I wanted to write a little bit about my granny. She was a very kind lady my Granny Annie. She had 6 children (!) and a lovey husband called Martin.

Granny love to knit, she was very good at it. She was also a keen card player - she taught me canasta and even let me win - sometimes. She was also in a bridge club - I wish I'd asked her to teach me that too.

Granny was a very good cook. She use to make piklets hmm yum and also bread and butter pudding! I have some recipes that are written in her hand writing - it makes them even more special. One is for Hasty Pudding, I haven't tried it yet but if it's works I'll scan it and add it to the blog.

I remember when I was little I would go and stay at her place on the weekend sometimes and it was always so much fun. We'd go food shopping and the staple treats were Venetian biscuits, lime cordial and cheese slices. At night we'd stay up and play cards and drink Milo - sublime.
I've been thinking about granny a lot today - the vase on my kitchen table is from her and it's one of my most favourite things.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment