Saturday, October 03, 2009

Food Shopping

Day 3 of Blogtober and my head is full of ideas for posts. Hopefully it continues!

Saturdays at our place always involve the weekly food shop. Sometimes I find it a real struggle to sit down with my recipe books and plan a week of meals... Although the alternative of 'What's for dinner?' every night annoys me far more so the weekly shop is a better option.

The other thing that makes planning meals a little trick is that Mr G is lactose intolerant, allergic to fish and then a 'little bit' fussy when it comes to vegetables. Common phrases are
  • 'I don't eat risotto' (... I love it..)
  • 'I don't eat any sort of beans or peas'
  • 'I don't really like stew - except if it's in a pie'
I shouldn't give him too much grief - he's better than some others I know! Plus since We've lived together he's broadened his diet a lot (including eggplant - Big step!)- I've had a positive influence, Hurrah!

Usually we do the food shopping together but today Mr G was helping to move a cubby house so I went on my own. For some reason when I shop on my own I always end up spending far more than had we gone together... no idea why... Actually this shop I know why. Philly had a deal, buy 3 products and get a free cookbook - yep they won me over on that. Look at the lovely recipes

Check out other Blogtobers here.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Gosh I'm hungry. I should get to bed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just picked that up from the shops 1 hour ago - I said to Tony I will have to go back and get one for Cherry - you got one mmmmmmmmmm delicious recipes xxx

    ReplyDelete