Friday, October 23, 2009

I secretly love maths...

I'm trying to work out how much I need to enlarge the 'goodie two shoes' pattern from Meet me at Mikes to fit my niece's foot.

She's nearly grown out of the first batch I made.
So sole of original pattern is = 115.cm and the shoe - finished was 10cm
Olivia's foot is at least 9 cm so I need the finished shoe to have room to grow. The 10cm one is getting small. Lets say finished shoe needs to be 11cm

If I remember high school maths...let y be the size of the new pattern piece...
Ok - so I need to enlarge by 110% percent... I'm sure there was an easier way to work this out but... I secretly love maths!
Will let you know how the shoes go..
ps - also trying this pattern this weekend - so cute

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I just enlarged a pattern for a friend and got a real moment of joy out of it. Simple really but despite not loving maths at school after leaving I discovered that I really love 'maths for a purpose'!

    ReplyDelete