Monday, August 24, 2009

A weekend in Sydney

Mum & I were lucky enough to meet up in Sydney last weekend for the Stitches and Craft show. Dad came too and he gets 10 big crafty points for staying at the show from 10 to 4 while we soaked up all the craft! I'll post tomorrow about all the lovely things that were seen and bought.

Tonight's
post is all about the Sydney Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef - Melissa if you're reading this and don't want to spoil the surprise... don't scroll down!

WOW! It was amazing!

When we planned the trip to Sydney we had no idea we'd get the chance to see the exhibition but while at S&C I overheard a fellow crafter talking about seeing the show the day before. We decided that with a bit of careful timing we could get our fill of craftiness at the show and then drive back to the Powerhouse to see the last 30 mins of the exhibition.

The show was breathtaking, the contributors used everything from shoe laces to phone cable and of course the most vibrant coloured yarns.
Like to make your own reef - get a pattern here

Read more about the inspiration behind the show here
Cherry

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got a chance to see it! I've seen loads of pics of the other incarnations of this reef around the world so I've already got a good idea on what I'm going to see so this was no spoiler. :) I'm just holding out that faintest of faint hopes that I might see my own little pieces in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete