Saturday, November 07, 2009

Meet my new friend Betty

I cant believe I have been sewing for 40 odd years and have not considered buying a dress makers model - well I bought one on line at last - my husband decided that she should be called Betty -Don's wife in MadMen - his favourite TV show.We are still getting to know each other and in the picturte I have here the dress ended up being way too big - Betty and I like our dresses a little more fitted. It has turned out to be an absolute boon for photos for ebay sales.
I have also included a picture of my latest purchases - not sure why I bought so many Amy Butler bag patterns - I think I have this idea of matching bags and dresses and then the other day I found this link to how to make your own shoes - I was just about delirious - OMG matching shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Betty is very cool! Look at all those Amy Butler patterns! Those puppies are $28 each here in NZ, I can't bring myself to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh exciting! I would love to have a dress form! I can't wait to see what you and Betty sew up! =)

    ReplyDelete