Thursday, February 03, 2011

My Creative Space

Well the bub is back in his bed sleeping much earlier today than usual. Makes for a nice quite morning of internet browsing and sewing before we head to the Mum and Bubs movie session at the local cinema.

Later today My Creative Space will be filled with gluing backs on the brooches I've made for the market I have coming up. A friend suggested that E6000 glue is the best and so I'm giving it a go. The hot glue gun I was using was a bit of a disaster as some backs fell off brooches that I'd sold. Thankfully they were to friends that were able to let me know about the problem.

Thanks for stopping by - if you have time check out the other blogs that are participating in My Creative Space hosted by the lovely Kooyotoo.

Oh and if you fancy a brooch check out the give away I have over here - would love to here your tips.

Cherry

8 comments:

  1. Nice brooch! And there is nothing worse than the backs falling off, so good job on fixing that issue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute. Would brighten up a dark winter jacket. Look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the same with the glue gun. Only my toddler tested them out first by dropping them and I soon realised my mistake.
    You can also use 'hard as nails' or some kind of silicone sealer (the kind you use to water proof showers and bathrooms)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute brooch! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute brooch, i love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous brooch. So delightful and fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely brooch. I hope the new glue works for you.

    ReplyDelete